My main focus for this release was error logging. 4DO now logs all unhandled exceptions. Obviously, this will help in determining the root cause of crash reports.
I also found myself annoyed with the audio (such as the volume eclipsing everything else on my system, like Skype or music). So, I have modified the audio processing and provided the ability to control volume. I also happened to find a game with easily demonstrable stereo sound: Samurai Showdown. With that I was able to piece together how to hook into stereo sound!
- Stereo sound – Sound was previously mono, and using the right channel’s audio only.
- Volume control – Accessed through the new “Audio” menu.
- Error logging – Logging gets dropped into a new “Temp” folder. This logging “archives” itself and will not exceed a certain size.
- The void area pattern now will correctly show up if the emulator is stopped and the screen is entirely black.
- Fixed a crash occasionally seen when saving or loading save states.
If you want to try 4DO 220.127.116.11 beta, head to to the download page: