Lots of improvements!
- Wing Commander 3 video rendering fixed. It took me quite a while to track down the problems, but the video rendering in Wing Commander 3 is now fixed! Additionally, Viktor has added some freeze fixes to resolve several of the freezes seen when playing videos! As a result, the game is now quite playable! Please be aware that I have still run into a couple freezes during the videos a couple times. If you happen to find a reproducible case, please leave a comment!
- Timing / freeze fixes. Viktor has added timing behavior to work around occasional loading screen freezes in these games:
– Scramble Cobra
– Twisted (EU version)
– Street Fighter II (There were no known freezes for this one, this is just a timing fix)
- As a result of the rendering fixes, some of issues seen in other games are also fixed. Known examples (spotted by Viktor) are:
– The Horde
– Jurassic Park – in the car mission
– Wicked 18 – fonts fixed
- Spanish translations correctly added. I neglected to release the translated files in 18.104.22.168! (Translations contributed by Antonio “Bloodbat” Ramirez!)
- This version also includes some corrections to the French translations.
I dug into the CEL rendering logic and documentation enough to understand the bugs causing Wing Commander 3’s video issues. It took the whole week! I finally saw the resulting clean images at about 4:30am last night 🙂 .
If you want to try 4DO 22.214.171.124 beta, head to to the download page: